BaltCap's investment philosophy is based on value creation delivered through active ownership. We focus on working in partnership with management teams to deliver long-term revenue and profit growth, as well as building businesses through acquisition. We invest equity or equity-related instruments, and like to support strong, ambitious management teams with whom we have a good cultural fit.
We try not to be too prescriptive with regard to investment criteria, but we like to see some of the following in the businesses we invest in:
- Deal size: Our private equity strategy funds invest in transactions with enterprise value typically between EUR 5-40 million but can also consider larger transactions together with co-investors. The Jeremie funds focus on providing early stage and expansion financing in the range of EUR 0.3-3 million.
- Geography: Baltic-based (but we are very comfortable with significant overseas operations)
- Industry sector: We are generalists, however, we have a preference for investing in industries in which we can show company management and our investors a clear track record of success. View our portfolio
- Ownership: majority or significant minority positions with controlling rights
- Holding periods: Typically 3-5 years
For more information, view our investment case studies
If you are unsure whether an opportunity is right for us, please contact our team with short description of your project/company.